The following policy governs DeskPort Technologies' ("DeskPort Technologies") collection and/or use of any information transmitted during your registration and use of the MilePort.com service.
MilePort was designed with concern for your privacy and security. The personal loyalty program account data (account numbers, usernames, passwords, and/or PINS (personal identification numbers)) you enter into MilePort.com (collectively, your "Profile Data") is encrypted and stored on the MilePort.com server in your own personal MilePort profile. It is NEVER maintained by a third-party server.
1. Security of Your Profile Data.
DeskPort Technologies, the developer of MilePort, has taken steps to ensure that your confidential Profile Data are protected from unauthorized users.
All Profile Data is encrypted and stored on the MilePort.com server
2. Protection From Unauthorized Access.
Maintaining the privacy of your MilePort account log-in information is your responsibility. We encourage you to exercise care in protecting your own account from unauthorized access.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information.
MilePort will request a valid e-mail address as part of the account creation process. We do this in order to send a validation code, and to comply with applicable federal law regarding opt-in for communications purposes. DeskPort Technologies may collect and store the email address and any other personally identifiable information that you voluntarily supply while registering for your MilePort.com account, and may use this information to provide you with information about MilePort.
We do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen in connection with the MilePort.com web site.
Except for the information you voluntarily supply while registering for MilePort.com or in responding to a communication from DeskPort Technologies or a third party as outlined below, we do not collect any other personally identifiable information. ("Personally identifiable information" is information such as your name, phone number, credit card information, or mailing address --anything that could identify you personally.) In the course of using MilePort there may be times when additional personally identifiable information is transmitted to one or more of our customer support agents. However, MilePort.com will only transmit that data to facilitate your request.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you register for MilePort.com or use the MilePort application to navigate through the web. Any ANONYMOUS MilePort usage information will be utilized to better customize features and /or advertising displayed within the MilePort application. Additionally, such anonymous aggregate application usage data may be used for promotion of advertising sales or other application planning and management functions.
4. Sharing Personal Information With Third Parties.
- Acting on certain advertisements displayed within MilePort may trigger a transaction request on your part. In this instance, you may be requested for further information. Any information provided by use in these instances is your responsibility. In the event you purchase a service/product we will use the information you supply us only to complete the transaction.
- Requesting a frequency program statement via MilePort requires that we provide the program vendor with the information necessary to obtain your online statement. The source for this information is the MilePort.com profile (see Section 1 above).
- DeskPort Technologies may provide third parties with summaries of site traffic information that do not affect your anonymity, such as the number of visitors to a particular area of the site.
5. Applicability to Other Web sites.