Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of information does MilePort get?
- How does it work?
- What does it cost?
- Why should I use it?
- Does the application access any web site I want?
- Can I maintain the accounts of several people in MilePort?
- If I am a previous MilePort user, will I have to re-enter all my account data to use the web-based MilePort?
- How do I get my previous MilePort data into the web-based MilePort?
- How do I get the free, scheduled mileage summary sent to me via e-mail?
- Why do I need usernames, passwords, or personal identification numbers (PINs) to access my loyalty account information?
- Where and how do I get loyalty program usernames, passwords, or personal identification numbers (PINs) for MilePort?
- Do you collect usage statistics by users of MilePort and, if so, what is done with this information?
- Is my loyalty program account information secure?
- How secure is my data?
- What do you do with my personal information?
- Who has access to my loyalty program account data?
MilePort aggregates your frequent flier program and other online loyalty program account information. This includes:
- current miles, points, or other credit status
- summary of all accounts
- recent activity (for those accounts offered online)
- elite level status (for those accounts offered online)
- one-click navigation links to the "host" web pages and other online frequent flier information
MilePort works like a typical web site that has functionality to navigate to various loyalty program web sites and automatically insert your log-in information for each of your accounts.
Your account data (account numbers, usernames, passwords, and/or PINS (personal identification numbers) is stored in your profile, where it resides encrypted on the MilePort.com servers. Once it has been entered in MilePort you should never need to do so again.
When you log in to the MilePort web site and tell it to display or update your accounts, it automatically and simultaneously goes to all the accounts your have listed in your profile, inserts your personal information required for each account, and retrieves the account data to be viewed on your computer desktop. The entire process takes only seconds (depending on your Internet connection speed).
MilePort saves you minutes to hours each time you check your accounts - beats the heck out of checking them one-by one!
MilePort is Free.
MilePort saves you huge amounts of time, making your Internet experience faster and more enjoyable. It avoids the necessity of scrolling through multiple web pages, and remembering and inserting your proprietary data to get to what you want.
No. It is pre-programmed to gather specific information from specific web sites. This currently includes the web sites of approximately 100 frequent flier and other loyalty program sites.
Yes, you can have multiple accounts in MilePort and it will track each person's accounts.
No, the MilePort web site can import your data files directly from your computer. Simply follow the instructions on the web site.
When you first use the MilePort.com web site, we will ask if you have previously used MilePort. Simply follow the online prompts to browse to the appropriate files required for MilePort.com to function properly. MilePort.com will then pull in your previous account data. The file you will be looking for is c://program files/mileport/settings.
If you still experience a problem, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond quickly.
- Other loyalty sites, as they become available online.
- We may also consider the addition of other features.
Contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond quickly.
Each loyalty program requires specific proof of identity as a security measure before allowing you access to your account online. Since MilePort retrieves this information from your personal profile and automatically inserts it into the proper place on the related web site to complete your retrieval, you must have previously obtained your username, password, and/or personal identification number from the host site (i.e. Delta, Hilton, e-Rewards, etc.).
If you need to sign up and get a web site PIN or password, we have provided a link to each program. Take the following actions:
- While connected to the Internet, click the Profile button in MilePort.
- Click the "Programs" tab.
- Select the program name in the list of programs.
- Click the "Link to Traveler Program web Site" link.
- A browser window will open with the Program personal identification access requirements for that program.
- After obtaining that information, enter it into the MilePort profile for quick and easy future retrievals of your account summaries.
NOTE: Some programs require that you receive your PIN or Password by mail. This may take up to a week. But once it is entered into MilePort, it is permanently stored in one convenient place with all other frequency program data.
Yes. All information is encrypted and is never sent to any third-party server, except during the process of retrieving the data you have requested via the application.
Your data is encrypted to the same standards that most banks use to protect your financial data, and is maintained securely on the MilePort server. It can be accessed only through use of your MilePort Username and Password. We recommend you exercise caution when allowing others access to your MilePort Username or Password.
MilePort uses 128-bit encryption to store preferences and the latest standard security protocols to execute transactions over the Internet.
Your profile is encrypted and stored securely on the MilePort.com server. Only you or someone to whom you provide your MilePort account log-in information will have access to this information.